The Philadelphia Tech Prep Consortium, in a partnership between the Community College of Philadelphia and the Office of Secondary Education of the School District of Philadelphia has created technical curriculum for seven Tech Prep program areas.
This site includes free, downloadable teacher planning guides in seven program areas. Currently only Level 1 Teacher Planning Guides are available. These teacher planning guides can be browsed by program area.
The process included:
- development of program competency lists based on national industry standards and NOCTI competencies,
- review and modification of these lists by panels of industry representatives from the Philadelphia WIA region,
- determination of the year that each competency should be delivered (referred to as Level 1, 2, or 3),
- development of a recommended teaching sequence of the competencies, and
- writing of teacher planning guides for each competency by expert teachers.
Also included for each program area is the Competency List for the three-year program and a recommended Scope and Sequence for Level 1.
|Program Name||Competency List||Download Scope and Sequence|
|Architectural Drafting, CAD|
|Automotive Mechanic Technology|
|Computer Systems Networking|
|Protective Services: Firefighter|
|Web & Multimedia Design|