Penn College NOW is a nationally accredited dual enrollment program that features Pennsylvania College of Technology courses taught by approved teachers in the home school or career and technology center.
Benefits of the Penn College NOW program:
- TIME: With college credits "in the bag," participating students can either ease their workload by taking fewer courses in a semester once at college OR complete their chosen degree more quickly.
- MONEY: Since tuition is free for Penn College NOW courses, students save money by taking fewer courses to complete their chosen degree. Students can of course use their credits here at Penn College, or they can transfer their credits to a different institution.
- CONFIDENCE: Students gain experience with rigorous college coursework in a supportive and familiar setting--their home school or career and technology center. They learn that they can be successful at the next level!
- CONNECTION: Our Penn College NOW classrooms connect students to the "college experience." They visit campus, tour our facilities, become familiar with college-level services and resources, and are visited in their classrooms by our PC Now faculty.
How do students enroll in PC NOW courses?
Check the list below. Is your school or CTC already a partner?
- Ask your school counselor about the PC NOW courses offered. Check out our
- Choose the course(s) that meet your needs and interests, and register for them during your scheduling process.
- Complete your PC NOW application, which is usually done at your school or CTC with the help of a counselor or teacher.
- Take your placement test(s)! All courses require a reading test, and some also require a math test. Your score determines your eligibility to take the courses you want. They're important! Study for them!
- Check out our Student Handbook and list of Frequently Asked Questions for information on our policies and procedures.
- Visit our Student Resources page for information about academic resources like Lynda and SmartThinking, study skills and postsecondary planning, and accessing your transcripts and credit transfer once you've completed your course(s)!
NO: See the link on the right of the page. We're excited to welcome new school and CTC partners for the 2017-2018 school year!
Penn College NOW is proudly accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships.